Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter of this lottery is Glenealy Hurling Club. This event is a fully licensed lottery under Section 28 of the Gaming and Lotteries Act 1956 (as substituted by Section 12 of the Gaming and Lotteries (Amendment) Act 2019).
- The lottery was granted a license in Wicklow District Court on 27th April 2021.
- There are a maximum number of tickets available of 10,000.
- The 1st Prize in this Lottery is The Anchor, Monkton Row, Wicklow Town (hereinafter referred to as “the Property”), A new 2 Bedroom Townhouse built by Wicklow Cosy Homes. The Value of the said property at the time of publishing the Terms and Conditions herein set out is €300,000
A VolksWagen Golf Life Hybrid Automatic from Trinity Motors, Wicklow value €32,330.
The Prize is as stated, and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The Prize is non- transferrable and vests in the Winner only.
2nd Prize €2,500, 3rd Prize €1,500, 4th Prize €1,250, 5th Prize €750
- The Terms and Conditions herein set out are at all times governed by the Laws of the Republic of Ireland.
All disputes, differences, and questions of any nature which at any time may arise between a Member, having purchased a ticket, and the organisers of the Club relating the draw, shall be referred to an independent arbitrator to be nominated by the Chairman of the Club to determine the dispute, differences or issues and his decisions shall be final.
- The Club reserves the right to cancel or amend the draw and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or any actual or unanticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the lottery will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the Club.
- The purpose of the lottery is to raise funds for the development of new club grounds at Ballyfree, Glenealy, including the development of pitches, training area, a running track, and a gymnasium. The organisers of the Lottery shall not derive any personal profit from the Lottery.
- The Lottery is open to persons aged 18 years and over only. Any tickets purchased by persons under the age of 18 years shall be declared null and void and shall not be included nor deemed to be included in the Lottery. Any such entry entered into the Lottery Draw will be declared invalid and another ticket will be drawn in its place.
- Members of the Executive Committee appointed to organise and oversee the lottery are expressly precluded from purchasing Membership.
- There is no limit on the number of tickets which an individual may purchase.
- Once purchased, the lottery ticket is non-refundable except in circumstances where the lottery is cancelled by the Promoter. In that event, a maximum amount of €90.00 per lottery ticket purchased will be refunded to the lottery ticket holder.
- Neither the Club nor any of its servants, agents, licensees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the Lottery of whatsoever nature or howsoever appointed shall be liable to the Members for any loss, inconvenience, damage, or expense suffered by the Members participating in this Lottery.
- Neither the Club nor any of its servants, agents, licensees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the Lottery shall be liable for any failure in the performance of its obligations due to factors beyond its and/or their control.
- The Club reserves the right to add additional prizes to the Lottery. The addition of any such prizes will be notified to the lottery ticket holders as soon as practicable and will also be available at winahouseandcar.ie.
- The Lottery Draw will be held at Glenealy Village Hall on January 2nd 2022.
- The Club reserves the right to alter or change the date of the Lottery Draw Date for any reason whatsoever and in setting an alternative date will notify the Members as soon as practicable in respect thereof by publishing a notice in this regard on the website and other channels.
- The Winner will be announced within 28 days of the draw by email and/or post and/or Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or SMS.
- In order to claim the prize, the Winner must contact the Club by email and/or post and/or Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or SMS or in person.
- The Winner may be subject to verification by the Club and this process may take up to 7 days to complete once the Winner has claimed their prize. The Winner hereby agrees to forward the necessary documentation (copy passport/driver’s licence, PPS number (for residents of Ireland), proof and validation of payment of the ticket to the club and /or their agents to prove their identity and also to ensure the property can be stamped and registered in the winner’s name.
- If the Winner cannot be contacted via one of the above means of communication or does not claim their prize within 21 days of the notification of same the Club reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the Winner and select a replacement Winner.
- The Lottery will be implemented & conducted by the Club. The Preparation of entries for the final draw and the final draw will be observed by an independent adjudicator. The Club will maintain books and records recording all entries into the lottery and all costs relating to the lottery.
- By purchasing a lottery ticket, the lottery ticket holder is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The Club’s decision in respect of the Winner and all or any other matters connected with this Lottery is final.
- The Legal Title to the Property will be transferred to the Winner free from any financial interest, entitlement, or encumbrances in favour of the Club as soon as practicable following the Lottery Draw.
- The Winner will be required to appoint his or her own Solicitor to act in the Transfer of the Property.
- If the Winner does not appoint a Solicitor and take steps within 28 days of claiming the prize to affect the Transfer of the Legal Title to the Property to them and in any event enter into a Deed of Transfer to so transfer the property within six months from the date of claiming the prize, the Club reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the Winner and select a replacement Winner.
- The Winner will be responsible for all or any legal costs in the Transfer of the Property to include the legal fees of their Solicitor, Stamp Duty, Registration expenses and any & all other related outlays or expenses.
- The Club does not warrant, nor confirm the state and condition of the Property in any way. The Club nor any of its servants, agents, licensees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the Lottery shall be in any circumstances liable for any loss, damage, inconvenience, or expense suffered by the Winner in relation to the state, condition, repair, or construction of the Property.
- The Winner will be responsible for the costs associated with the fit out of the property once completed and does so without any recourse to the Club.
- The Club reserves the right at all times to amend the Lottery and the Terms and Conditions herein set out and by purchasing a ticket, the purchaser consents and agrees to be bound by the said amendments. The Club further reserves the right to cancel this Lottery for any reason whatsoever. The cancellation or any change to the Lottery or these Terms and Conditions will be notified to the purchasers as soon as practicable in respect thereof.
- For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR):
(a) The Club will retain and use the purchasers’ personal data for the duration of the lottery and for a reasonable period thereafter.
(b) On purchasing a ticket each purchaser agrees to the use of his or her details being used solely in connection with this Lottery. Personal data of any kind will not be disclosed to a Third Party without the purchaser’s consent.
(c) The Winner hereby agrees and consents to the use of his or her personal data and/or image being released in publicity material in conjunction with the Lottery.
(d) The Winner hereby also agrees and consents to his or her personal data being released to relevant third parties to affect the transfer of the Property to him or her.
- Errors and Omissions Excepted. The Club its servants, agents, licensees, trustees, committee members or the organiser of the Lottery accepts no responsibility whatsoever whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission, interception, or communications failure, for unreceived, late, missing, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected claims, entries, applications, Memberships or otherwise. The Club its servants, agents, licensees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the Lottery shall not be liable for any failure in the performance of any of its obligations.